n

Wednesday, March 30

Prayer for Women


Mama with the 2 grandsons






I was browsing my journal, I saw this beautiful prayer dedicated for women. I copied this from an article (by Annie B. Bond) which I have read before. This is a Navajo Wind Prayer of Indians dedicated to women. I am sharing this to every women I know (especially my Mom) and for all of you who may read this post of mine. Dedicate this prayer to you Mom/ Mom-in-laws, Aunt, Grandma, Sister or Wife.

Women of all ages and sizes out there no matter what struggles you are into right now always remember to hold your heads up high! Be positive, be proud of your strength and the true beauty within YOU.



Dine (Navajo) Wind Prayer
by Wolfeyes

Oh, Great Spirit, Oh Grandfathers,
How lucky can one be to know such beauty?
One can search the world over and not find this much loveliness.
Her heart is pure, and radiates love and warmth.
Oh, Mother Earth, it is from your womb that she does come.
It has to be, for she reflects your beauty that I see all around me.

Oh, Navajo Wind, blow softly upon this desert rose.
Embrace her always with your warm gentle breezes.
Fill her heart with the pride and happiness.
From a proud and noble people that she does come.

Whisper soft reminders in her ear,
“Never forget…
Never forget.”

Oh, Father, the Navajo Sun,
Shine brightly down upon her path,
Allow her to see the beauty in herself as well as in others.
Protect her and keep her warm.
Hide her in your absence from the despairs of this life.
Allow her always to walk in beauty.
Oh, Woman who walks in beauty like the night,
I am a friend who is distant and silent.
I will care for you always.


No comments: